[Chameleon] CWCJSAPI - effect on user interface

VijayGanti gantibabu at rediffmail.com
Tue Sep 11 01:07:58 EDT 2007

HI,

I am new to mapserver and chameleon, and web page design as such. I could
study and improvise on the Sample_enhanced.html and arrive at the interface
as at http://www.ost-almeda.com. To further improvise the application, i
worked on the Sample_enhanced_jsapi.html sample and tried adding the
following two line.

But adding these two lines to use the jsapi ruined the user interface
design. Without these the interface looks as indicated above.

<cwc2 type="cwcjsapi" debug="false"/>
<cwc2 type="SharedResource" name="CWCJSAPI"/>

I did modify the css file to remove the absolute positioning for some of the
elements on the form.
1. Do they need to use absolute positioning to work?
2. Why is it that the user interface is affected by just adding these two
lines?
3. Is there any other way to get the functionality without having to
re-design the interface.

If you can check the site, you will find that using jsapi is the only option
left, before trying other frameworks like ka-map which use ajax.

Any and all suggestions are welcome.

Thanks.