[Chameleon] ROI widgets

Normand Savard nsavard at mapgears.com
Wed Jan 7 10:04:24 EST 2009

Berényi Attila wrote:
> Dear List,
>
> I'm trying to make ROI widgets work...but after I define a region
> (circle, rectangle, polygon) I cannot get any information about that.
> How could I use this widgets? What I need is e.g. area calculation for
> a polygon, and similar tasks.

Attila,

After you define a ROI you can retrieve the extents by using the
goCWCROIManager object in JavaScript.  To test it you can add the
following line somewhere in your template:

<input type="button" onclick="alert(goCWCROIManager.geoMinX)"/>

You can also access to the extents by looking to the ROIRENDERER session
variable in PHP.

Norm