[Chameleon] Cursorpos and ProjectionSelector problem

Julien-Samuel Lacroix jlacroix at mapgears.com
Fri Jan 8 11:22:37 EST 2010

Hi,

The ProjectionSelector widget is a very simple one. Can you reproduce
the problem with the following PHP/MapScript code:

<?php
$oCenter = ms_newPointObj( );
$oCenter->setXY( $nCenterX, $nCenterY );

$oOldProj = ms_newProjectionObj( $szOldProj );
$oNewProj = ms_newProjectionObj( $szNewProj );

$oCenter->project( $oOldProj, $oNewProj );
print_r($oCenter);
?>

Julien

Tony Baylis wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have noticed a problem with the return of coordinates using CursorPos
>  when the projection of my map is changed using ProjectionSelector and
> was wondering if there was a solution out there.
>
> I have client who wishes to view coordinates in both AMG66 Zone 54 and
> MGA94 Zone 54, the data being for northern Australia.  The Easting
> should be a number about 138m higher for the same point in MGA94
> compared to AMG66.
>
> The problem is that when I change the projection using
> ProjectionSelector the Easting numbers are the same for the the chosen
> point.  When I use a long/lat projection for both datums (AGD66/GDA94)
> the same problem arises.  Have I missed something?
>
> Tony

Julien-Samuel Lacroix
Mapgears
http://www.mapgears.com/