[FGS] Preliminary mapserver package

Tyler Mitchell tylermitchell at shaw.ca
Tue Jul 27 09:56:59 EDT 2004

Great stuff Guillaume, I'm glad to see you did this.
If you need any more help or pointers to the fgs configuring, building and
packaging methods please let us know.  We have a common method that we are
all using.

> To finish, you need to run fgsinstall-mapserver.sh. This script adds
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH in apache conf and installs mapserv cgi in the
> /var/www/cgi-bin directory.

I too am nervous about a script that modifies apache conf, especially since
we're running on a test server that has a production apache setup running :)

I'd love to see us try out a stand-alone web server just for this project.
Anyway ideas?

Tyler