[FGS] Postgis and postgresql installed

Tyler Mitchell tylermitchell at shaw.ca
Thu Jun 24 12:08:00 EDT 2004

> I realize I haven't been to specific about this, but my theory is that
> for each FGS package that will be related as it's own .tar.gz file
> thereshould be a subdirectory under /home/fgs/fgs-pkgs.  So, for
> instance, one for
> postgres+postgis, and one for Python.

Sounds good to me, Frank.  Tell us more about your ideas, I'm sure it's more thought out than mine :)  Once I know more, then I'll update the packages I started.  If I'm tracking you correctly is just means dropping the .../dev/... that I've been using so it installs into ../fgs-pkgs/<product name>/ instead.

> I'm not sure that we need a package for
> GTK.  I am expecting we would either distribute GTK 1.x in the
> base package if it is used by multiple packages, or just in the openev package
> if that is the only thing that uses it.

We plan to use GTK with the Lifeline/Xaya application that Mishtu, I and others are building.  However, we are also hoping to tie it into OpenEV.  So I'm not sure what we'll want to do, but it would be nice to compartmentalize these dependencies IMO.

> I'll write up a wiki topic on some of my package preparation
> scripts and theories and then write a new message to the list about them.

Thanks, I'd like to see it.