[FGS] OpenEV Package

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Jun 25 00:31:28 EDT 2004

Folks,

I have a preliminary crack at an OpenEV package.  It includes GTK 1.x,
gtkglarea, pygtk and Mesa software OpenGL.  It should work with either
the our own fgs-python.tar.gz package or a preinstalled Python package if
you have one.

The python path needs some adjustment.  Should now be:

export PYTHONPATH=$FGS_HOME/pymod:$FGS_HOME/lib/python2.3/site-packages:$PYTHONPATH

In general I think we should move towards distributing all of our python
extensions in $FGS_HOME/lib/python2.3/site-packages instead of $FGS_HOME/pymod
as I did for my GDAL in the base package.

I am taking off in the morning for 10 days of vacation or so, if you have
feedback perhaps it would be best to attach it to the wiki topic as I will
likely have *alot* of email to wade through when I get back.

We are making good progress!

PS. Tyler, could you look into adding Numeric Python to your python package
when you have a chance?   See numpy.sourceforge.net.  GDAL and OpenEV can
utilize it if available.