[FGS] Status / httpd / etc

Wood Brent pcreso at pcreso.com
Fri Sep 17 17:45:15 EDT 2004

Without citing everything Frank & Guillaume have already said, my feeling on
packages vs suite is that the packages are already available separately, in
.deb, rpm for various versions/distros, tarrballs etc.

The idea behind this project was a distro agnostic suite where the various
packages can be insatalled as a suite, and be (?) guaranteed to work together.
So I agree with Frank that a fat suite is more the goal that finer grained
optional packages.

I believe we need to create the smoothly interoperable suite anyway. If there
is a further goal involving individual package management, could this come
later? Perhaps the files needed for each package can be extracted from the
suite & bundled seperately.

Just my .03c (with inflation :-)

Bernt Wood