[FGS] ECW support

Guillaume Dallaire gdallaire at mapgears.com
Tue Aug 15 21:46:46 EDT 2006

On Tue, 2006-08-15 at 01:33 -0300, Sergio López wrote:
> Hi there:
> I've seen in a post from 2005 that ECW format is not suppported by
> FGS. Is that still true?, I mean I tried my FGS installation and it
> didn't worked, but is there any package I could download to use ECW?
> thanks

Hi,

FGS-DEV supports it but we cannot distribute a GDAL+ECW support FGS
module since it requires the ECW's DLLs (which must be downloaded from
http://www.ermapper.com/ (licensing issue I think))

I will send you a ECW enabled GDAL build with instruction for how to
include the ECW's DLLs.

Guillaume

 Guillaume DALLAIRE      gdallaire at mapgears.com
      Mapgears              www.mapgears.com