[FGS] MySQL Database Connection Problem

Eric Legge Smith e.smith13 at pgrad.unimelb.edu.au
Thu Dec 28 08:32:44 EST 2006

Hello List,

I have installed fgs-mapserver_phpmapscript_4.8.2 and
fgs-php_mysql-module-4.4.2 on Debian linux (sarge) and after editing
php.ini.template to include 'extension=mysql.so', the Mapscript and MySQL
entries are displayed in a php info page. However, when trying a basic
connection to a MySQL database the following error occurs ...

Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through
socket '/tmp/mysql.sock'

I saw a post regardingthis problem that required the path to be changed,
but I can't determine what the new path should be and in which file the
path statement is located?

Can anyone advise me on how to solve this problem?

Thank you
Eric