[FGS] DEBUG

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Feb 8 10:35:21 EST 2006

On 2/8/06, Guillaume Dallaire <gdallaire at dmsolutions.ca> wrote:

> Hi Eric,
>
> by default, MSDEBUG is disabled in FGS. We added a flag in the FGS-DEV
> build system (see http://www.maptools.org/fgs/index.phtml?page=fgs-
> sandbox.html) to switch all debug information ON and to not 'strip'
> binaries. This is done in setenv.sh :
>
> export FGS_DEV_HOME=`pwd`
> # Enable debug in package's compilation
> export FGS_DEBUG='on'  <----------------------------- HERE
> export FGS_API_VERSION='0.2'
> export FGS_MAKE_OPT='-j2' <-- speed up compilation with dual CPU machine

Guillaume,

Man, it seems that using configure switches with MapServer
it is still impossible to enable msDebug() output while using
optimization.  I think this is terrible, and will take it up on
mapserver-dev.  In the meantime, would you consider having
FGS patch things to define -DENABLE_STDERR_DEBUG
even in optimized mode?

/me hits head, repeating stupid, stupid, stupid, wishing he
had dealt with this in configure before the 4.8 release.