[FGS] runnig apache?

Guillaume Dallaire gdallaire at mapgears.com
Mon Mar 20 13:10:32 EST 2006

Ben Psycho wrote:
> Hi guys,
> I have a problem with running the fgs suite.
> I installed it into my home folder and set the port to 8888.
> I have an running apache2 on my debian 2.6, too.
> I used the setenv script.
> when I try to start fgs with 'fgs start' it I get:
>
> + Starting 'apache':
> ! Cannot create user 'apache', could not start apache as root.

The script $FGS_HOME/www/bin/apache.init doesn't use the correct command
to add user on Debian. I should fix this for the next release.

For now, run (as root) :

# groupadd apache
# useradd apache -s /sbin/nologin -d /opt/fgs/www -c 'Apache - FGS' -g
apache

then you should be able to start your FGS environment:

# . setenv.sh
# fgs start

Guillaume