[FGS] Building a standalone installer

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Jul 4 12:25:10 EDT 2007

Julien-Samuel Lacroix wrote:
> Frank Warmerdam wrote:
>> I'm having a problem with picking up libidn dependencies on libcurl and
>> possibly elsewhere when building everything on FC4.  I may commit
>> changes to
>> build without libidn for curl and possible other stuff.  Does anyone
>> forsee
>> a problem with this?  I gather libidn is some sort of DNS lookup library.
>> But I assume things fallback to using normal operating system
>> mechanism when
>> it isn't used directly.
>
> I checked my FC4 installation and it seems that libcurl linked against
> /usr/lib/libidn.so
> Should we depend on it from the system like we do with libstdc++.so?
> I personaly prefer not too. I guess it means that it needs a FGS
> module... Is it?

Julien,

Do we need libidn?  I'm afraid I've already committed a change to build
--without-libidn in the curl/fgs_build.  So if we want to include it,
then that needs to be backed out.

I notice that the FGS I installed from Maptools does *not* include a
libidn dependency in libcurl.so.

I'm inclined to think we don't need libidn.so until some evidence otherwise
arises.