[FGS] MapServer 4.10.2 package size

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Jul 9 22:09:00 EDT 2007

Folks,

I notice that the default build of MapServer 4.10.2 for FGS builds
libmapserver.so, but it isn't used for the binaries, so the resulting
package is quite large compared to 4.8.3.

I suspect behavior has changed in 4.10.2 because of the change of
libmap.so to libmapserver.so (who said that should go into 4.10.x!)
so -lmap no longer picks it up in the link.

Should we restore use of the libmap.so for 4.10.3?  Or alternatively
change the static library to be libmapserver.a (as it is in 5.0)?