[FGS] fgs-chameleon - some samples not working

Alan Hale alan.hale at btconnect.com
Tue Jul 17 10:23:59 EDT 2007

Hi
I have not had any further response to this issue so would like to raise it again. To summarise, I have installed fgs-chameleon 2.2.1 - 1.3 on Fedora Core 6, to /opt/fgs/. I have not changed any of the default settings, conf files etc. What I have found is that some of the sample applications run (e.g. all the basic widget samples, the XML Theme legend sample) but many do not e.g. sample_enhanced.phtml. This latter fails with the following error:

*Fatal error*: Maximum execution time of 120 seconds exceeded in
/opt/fgs/apps/chameleon-2.4.1/htdocs/widgets/TrueNorth/TrueNorth.widget.php on line 198

(I find the timeout puzzling in itself since in the fgs httpd.conf file timeout is set to 300 secs).

This problem is not Fedora specific - I've now tested on Ubuntu 6.06 with the same result.

I notice this same issue has been reported on the chameleon list twice earlier this year without any resolution.

My chameleon samples are at:

http://87.106.131.87:8080/chameleon/samples/

Many thanks

Alan Hale