[FGS] Uninstalling an FGS package

Alan Hale alan.hale at btclick.com
Tue Nov 27 17:08:32 EST 2007

Normand Savard wrote:
> For the installation you have to type in exactly this:
>
> wget
> http://download.osgeo.org/mapserver/fgs-msx/fgs-msx-5.0a-linux-i386.bin
> sh fgs-msx-5.0a-linux-i386.bin
> (answer prompts ... defaults are often ok)
At the end of this I get an error as follows:
+ Starting 'apache':
Processing config directory: /opt/fgs/www/conf.d/*.conf
 Processing config file: /opt/fgs/www/conf.d/gdal.conf
 Processing config file: /opt/fgs/www/conf.d/php4.conf
Syntax error on line 7 of /opt/fgs/www/conf.d/php4.conf:
Cannot load /opt/fgs/www/libexec/libphp4.so into server:
libfontconfig.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory
/opt/fgs/etc/init.d/apache start: httpd could not be started

> You're right when you're saying that you have to do "fgs stop" before
> removing the fgs package.  To free the port you need to do "ps ax|grep
> httpd" to get the process id of your olg fgs and then "kill - 9 pid".

Thank you very much for this information - I had a lot of fgs httpd
processes running!

Alan