[FGS] Installation troubles: "Permission denied"

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Thu Apr 17 13:13:30 EDT 2008

Joe Nannery wrote:
> Thank you guys for the response.  Mktemp is not on my linux server
> (actually, neither is dpkg), I am actually having difficulties getting
> it compiled...so if anyone has mktemp precompiled for linux that might
> help a ton.  I would like to install this as a root.

You should not have to compile it yourself. Which distribution of Linux
are you using? All Linux distributions that I'm aware of come with these
standard utilities (or provide an easy way to get them). If you are
using something esoteric for which this is not true then chances are
that even if you could get mktemp installed you'll be missing lots of
other stuff and FGS won't work for you.

Once again, which version/distro of Linux are you using?

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/