[FGS] Build with PHP 5.2.1

Normand Savard nsavard at mapgears.com
Tue Jan 8 14:27:59 EST 2008

Bailey wrote:

>Hello everyone,
>

>Anybody know how I would go about building fgs with a different version of
>PHP namely 5.2.1.?  My webhost used PHP 5.2.1, and I am trying to set up my
>test environment exactly like my host so that I can eventually upload
>mapserver to my host and not have any version conflicts with my
>php_mapscript.so.  I am a new linux and mapserver user so please be as
>detailed as possible.
>

>Or, if I have to build mapserver from scratch, where can I find out how it
>was configured in the fgs package?
>

>Or, does anyone knows where I can find commercial support for setting
>mapserver up online. DM Solutions support is priced out of my income
>bracket.

Bailey,

If you want to know each package version go to
http://localhost:port/cgi-bin/fgs

There is some documentation here
http://maptools.org/fgs/index.phtml?page=docs.html.

Maybe the better way is to start following the steps pointed out by this
documentation and then ask question on the list as you go.

Norm