[FGS] FGS and MrSID support in GDAL

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Tue Mar 25 13:48:59 EDT 2008

As we are working on a new release of FGS, one of the questions that
came up once again was whether we could include MrSID support in the
build that we distribute on the maptools.org site since the DSDK is not
free software as stated in the GDAL format docs at
http://gdal.org/frmt_mrsid.html

Does someone familiar with the MrSID DSDK (FrankW?) know what our
options are to include (or not) MrSID in public FGS builds? I know this
is a FAQ, but if someone has an answer already that would save me some
research.

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette