[FGS] Re: FGS Version 1.0.0

Normand Savard nsavard at mapgears.com
Wed May 7 14:15:31 EDT 2008

graham wrote:
> Hi
> I noticed with interest your forum post in regards to FGS version 1.0.
> I was wondering as to the state of this and also if it is possible to
> get a preview or release date. Further to this we would be very
> interested in getting involved in some way if possible.

Graham,

I reply to the list because this information is of general interest.

Since I didn't receive any negative feedback from the developers I
consider that these files on the Maptools download Web site
(http://dl.maptools.org/dl/fgs/releases/) are the official FGS release
1.0.  I need to update the Web site though before posting an announce to
the mailing list and I'm expecting to have done so by the end of next week.

To install FGS download the self-installer from the
http://dl.maptools.org/dl/fgs/releases/1.0/1.0.0/self-installers/ Web
page that suits your need and issue the following command:

sh fgs-mapserver_x.yz-fgs_1.0.0-linux-i386.versions

You can add the modules you need by going in your FGS installation and
typing:

fgs install module-name
http://dl.maptools.org/dl/fgs/releases/1.0/1.0.0/modules/

But before you do that you have to initialize your FGS environment.  Go
to your FGS root directory and do:  ". setenv.sh".

You can contribute to the FGS project like any other open source
projects by doing testing, documentation, bugs fix and so on.  It all
depends on your interest and skills.  Just maybe sent an email to the
FGS mailing list to explain how you intent to contribute.

Norm