[FGS] Swapping out GDAL

Marc Pfister mpfister at enplan.com
Wed Apr 22 16:20:54 EST 2009

Frank Warmerdam [mailto:warmerdam at pobox.com] wrote

> I think another approach would be to build the MrSID driver as a
plugin
> though this might be more work to setup.

Maybe I should rewind a bit - what would be the easiest way to enable
MrSID in an existing FGS install (Ubuntu 6.06, 64 bit). I know I can
compile GDAL 1.6.0 on that platform with the MrSID DSDK using GCC 3.3,
for whatever's that worth. But then it seems from reading that I would
have to recompile MapServer with 3.3 too. So maybe I should go back and
rebuild the package in the FGS virtual machine. Speaking of the VM -
where is it? It's not showing up in the downloads section.

Marc Pfister