[FGS] ORA-12154: TNS: could not resolved the connect identifier

Reyes, Jr., Buenaventura L. reyesb at philhealth.gov.ph
Tue Aug 11 03:29:05 EST 2009

Hello,

If you are having trouble with the error below:

Warning: [MapServer Error]: msOGRFileOpen(): Open failed for OGR connection in layer `something'. ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified in C:\OSGeo4W\apps\sample\htdocs\sample.inc.php on line 732

I don't know how to fix mapserver, but it seems that it cannot locate the tnsnames.ora and get the connection.

To have connection a temporary solution is to update your OGR connection in your .map file. The <SrcDataSource> should use the format below.

<SrcDataSource>OCI:username/password@(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS_LIST=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=172.xx.x.x)(PORT=xxxx)))(CONNECT_DATA=(SID=SERVICE)))</SrcDataSource>

Until a proper solution comes up, this would remove the error above.

I hope this helps anyone having the same issue.

Thanks,
Buenaventura L. Reyes, Jr.
Philippine Health Insurance Corporation
Manila, Philippines