[FGS] MrSID Support

Wendell Dingus wendell at bisonline.com
Fri Jun 26 11:08:38 EST 2009

Sorry for not replying previously. We ended up installing FGS on a 32-bit box, building the module for MrSID support, moving it back to our 64-bit box. We had to do this because no combination of trying to force "32-bit mode" on the primary box would allow it to build cleanly. We have installed the 32-bit MrSID SDK files and as far as FGS is concerned this is a fully 32-bit install. In reality though the box is CentOS x86_64. We too pretty much don't use 32-bit for anything any more, short of a few specialized things like this. The server mounts an 8TB GFS filesystem so 64-bit support was pretty much a must. I have no idea how much the mathematical calculations behind MapServer, GDAL, MrSID and other things would benefit from 64-bit though. Some things I've found to be incredibly faster with 64-bit OSes, others not so much.

Normand, thank you very much! What you provided worked like a charm (once we did so on a 32-bit machine).

Thanks...