[FGS] How to install PEAR

Normand Savard nsavard at mapgears.com
Mon Oct 5 08:55:04 EST 2009

Sergio López wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I´m using FGS 1.0 on a SUSE 11.1 box, and I need to instal PEAR in
> order to have some pmapper functions working (precisely export to
> excel or csv).
> I can't find how to do that after searching mailing archives, and I
> didn´t find a pear module in FGS modules web page.
> Can anyone please help me?
> Thanks in advance

Sergio,

FGS has a very special files structure that is different from PEAR's
one.  The PEAR command is part of FGS (in $FGS_HOME) but is not
correctly setup.  To add a PEAR package within FGS we create a new FGS
package and compile with phpize.  You have two choices:  ask us to make
the vm available for you to download and build these new packages (csv
and Excel) or ask us to build these packages for you.

Tell us what you decide.

Norm