[FGS] GLIBC version dependency

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Thu Apr 29 16:24:54 EST 2010

Hello FGS-ers,

I am trying to implement FGS 9.5, on a machine that I have no root
privileges on.  I installed
'fgs-mapserver_extended_5.6.3-fgs_9.5-linux-i386.bin' perfectly; but
when I try to use any of the tools, such as mapserv, I get this error:

    /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.4' not found (required by ./mapserv)

I checked and the system has GLIBC 2.3.6 installed.

Is there anything I can do in the FGS environment to solve this problem?

(aside: I believe the answer is no, which means, I cannot install FGS on
this server - in this case, I'm trying to install FGS on another OSGeo
server, as the demo.mapserver.org server blade is still down, from the
recent server problems)

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna