[FGS] "GLIBC_2.4 not found" problem

Francesco De Biasio simiasota at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 06:29:37 EST 2010

Hello all,

I instaledl fgs with the linux installer on debian etch.
No problem during installation, but any chance of have it working
fails because of this error (for the apache binary, for example):

"/opt/fgs/www/bin/httpd: /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6: version
`GLIBC_2.4' not found (required by /opt/fgs/www/bin/httpd)"

it seems that all the fgs tools have been linked against GLIBC_2.4,
and fgs maptools have been said to work in debian etch, which, if I
understand well, never had GLIBC_2.4 available.

Can you please help me to get rid of this problem?
Thank you in advance for your patience: I read lot of internet pages
about this problem but none gave the solution.

could it help to add in $FGS_HOME/lib le libc.so.6 with which fgs has
been compiled?

best regards
francesco

Francesco De Biasio