[FGS] Using fgs-dev to build module

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Wed Oct 20 15:44:44 EST 2010

Update: yes fgs-dev is still the correct way to build your own module.
I was getting stuck by errors when the archive could not be downloaded
during the 'fgsdev build_all' command; to solve this you can just wget
the archive and place it in /fgs-dev/cache.

Another important note is that fgs-dev has a problem finding the fgs-dev
zlib library (I hit errors when it came to compiling GD), so you can
install the
zlib-devel libs on the system to get around this.

(the steps documented are indeed very helpful:
http://www.maptools.org/fgs/index.phtml?page=fgs-sandbox.html)

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna