[FGS] Creative pause?

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Tue Jul 17 09:08:13 EST 2012

On 12-07-16 8:59 AM, Hentschel, Markus wrote:

> Hello there,
>
> After nearly one year of silence around FGS: are there any activities / upgrades intended? In progress?
>
> The latest release of MS4W is 3.x now and we would love to see something similar for FGS!

Hi Markus,

FGS is not getting much care theses days mostly because native OSGeo
software packages are starting to be available for most of the Linux
distros, reducing the need for FGS which is great news if you ask me.

You will find some useful pointers in
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Binary_Distribution

I'm sure the list in the wiki page above is not complete. You will also
find links to packages for various distros on the download page of your
favorite OSGeo pacakge, e.g. http://mapserver.org/download.html#binaries

--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/