[FWTools] Re: FWTools 0.9.9 Beta for Win32

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 13:05:33 EDT 2005

On 8/12/05, Ken Boss <Ken.Boss at dnr.state.mn.us> wrote:
> Frank--
>
> I'm curious as to why the 0.9.9 beta release for Windows is so much larger than the 0.9.8 release.  I was hoping that it might be because GEOS was built in, but alas, that appears not to be the case.

Ken,

As you note, GEOS support is still not built into FWTools on windows
because FWTools is built with VC6 and GEOS seems to require a more
modern compiler.   Mixing is apparently problematic.

One substantial item added in FWTools 0.9.9 was the HDF5 support
which includes some substantial support libraries.