[FWTools] lat/lon cursor display resolution

Jon Becker jon0x0 at yahoo.com.au
Thu May 12 11:13:15 EDT 2005

Hello,

This seems to be a possible bug.
I am using FWTools 0.9.8.  I have a custom script attached to a menu item which loads a number of
GeoJPEG images and mosaics them.  If I run this script right after starting the application, the
lat/long display at the bottom of the screen (tracking tool?) has only 2 decimal places of
resolution.  Changing the lat/long display preferences from the menu has no effect at this point.
If I load say a GeoTIFF file first from the file/open menu, the lat/long display correctly changes
to 7 decimal places of resolution.  If I then run my script the lat/long display stays at 7
decimal places.  If I load this GeoTIFF after running the script, the resolution stays at 2
decimal places.
There is nothing in the script which changes the preferences, and they are set to geodetic /
ddd.ddddddd

Do you have a suggestion for something I can add / change to make this work correctly?

thanks