[FWTools] gdal_fw.dll problem

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 22:21:37 EDT 2005

On 9/5/05, Nicklas v Plenker-Tind <nicklas_vpt at yahoo.se> wrote:
> Hi,
> i'm trying to call a function in the gdal_fw.dll in VB6, but I just get an
> error message saying the file cannot be found.
> Does anyone know how to use the dll?
> What should I do?

Nicklas,

FWTools 0.9.9 should be distributed with the VB6 wrappers and
the installer should update the GDALCore.bas file to refer to the
installed location of gdal12.dll explicitly.

So, C:\Program Files\FWTools0.9.9\vb6\GDALCore.bas should
have many statements like:

 Public Declare Function GDALGetDataTypeName _

    Lib "C:\Program Files\FWTools0.9.9\gdal_fw.dll" _

    Alias "_GDALGetDataTypeName at 4" _

    (ByVal DataType As Long) As Long

If you aren't using the VB6 bindings I distribute you will need
to do something similar.