[FWTools] FWTools Library Version

Lennox Antoine lxnyce at gmail.com
Sun Jan 1 13:50:56 EST 2006

Hi All,

I am trying to find out why I can't use the FWTools version of
GDAL/OGR on Windows instead of the version I built. Was it built as
Multithreaded instead of Multithreaded DLL?

The symtoms I am seeing is that rasters will load, but if you pass an
invalid raster (like a shapefile) an exception gets thrown instead of
the function returning NULL.

Vectors will not load at all. An exception is always thrown. I tried
converting to use the C api, and I still get the same results. OGROpen
will throw an exception even though the shape file is valid.

I ran ogrinfo.exe included with FWTools on the same shapefile and it
worked. It also works with the GDAL I compile myself as well. I tried
with 0.0a7 and 0.08. Any ideas? I would really like to use the ArcSDE
and PostGIS support of the FWTools dll.

-Lennox