[FWTools] Trouble with OGDI Driver and FWTools

Ethan T. Closson EthanC at avi.com
Mon Jan 30 14:24:38 EST 2006

Please forgive the possible noobness of this question.  I also felt it was best sent here instead of the GDAL list because I think it's more a problem with my setting-up of FWTools.

I'm using Windows XP and I installed FWTools with the FWTools100a8.exe from http://www.gdal.org/dl/fwtools/.  I am trying to write an app that can load some VMAP0 data.  The trouble is that whether using GDAL or OGR, it doesn't seem to load the OGDI driver.

The code I have for loading and checking the drivers is the following:

#if defined(GDAL)
	GDALAllRegister();
	int numDrivers = GDALGetDriverCount();
#else
	OGRRegisterAll();
	int numDrivers = OGRGetDriverCount();
#endif
	printf("Registered Drivers:\n");
	for(int i=0; i<numDrivers; ++i)
	{
#if defined(GDAL)
		GDALDriverH driver = GDALGetDriver(i);
		printf("\t%s\n", GDALGetDriverShortName(driver));
#else
		OGRSFDriverH driver = OGRGetDriver(i);
		printf("\t%s\n", OGR_Dr_GetName(driver));
#endif
	}

Whether I define GDAL or not, the OGDI driver is not in the output drivers list.

The OGDI driver IS listed in the formats list for both "gdalinfo --formats" and "ogrinfo --formats" however, so I'm not sure where my app could be failing.  Is there some other setup stuff that I just overlooked?

I greatly appreciate any help on this.