[FWTools] Batch processing with FWTools in Windows

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Jul 5 12:23:57 EDT 2006

Jeff.Pace at co.manatee.fl.us wrote:
> I am trying to running a set of conversion (gdal_merge and gdal_translate)
> commands thru FWTools.  I have about 100 commands to run.
>
> As I would normally do, i wrote a .bat text file with all 100 commands in
> it.  I then ran the .bat from the FWTools command shell.  The first
> command reads fine, however when it completes it stops and does not
> proceed to the second command.  The process take about 30 minutes each so
> it isnt possible for me to launch each of the 100 commands seperately.
>
> Is there a way to send batch commands to the Windows FWtools cmd shell?

Jeff,

Hmm, this problem rings a bell, but I can't remember what the cause or
fix for this is.  Is the first command you run a gdal_merge run?  There
is actually a gdal_merge.bat which runs python to run the script itself.
You might find that if you replicate the logic in gdal_merge.bat inline
in your script you can avoid the bat file calling bat file problem.  Hmm,
this is getting more familiar as I go through it!