[FWTools] Connecting FWTools/OGR to g++

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Jul 14 15:23:19 EDT 2006

Chris Everhart wrote:
> Hi FWTools list,
>
> I would like to start learning how to use ogr with C/C++.  I am using
> MSys/MingW's compiler and I installed FWTools with the executable.  How
> would I go about getting g++ to use ogr?
>
> Obviously I am a newbie, so any help is appreciated.

Christian,

FWTools is compiled with Visual Studio, and I *think* that the C++ calling
conventions are different between MingW/g++ and VisualC++.  But I think you
could do it using the C API instead, which I believe has compatible
calling conventions between different compilers.

The following API tutorial should be helpful. Unfortunately it primarily
addresses the C++ API:

   http://www.gdal.org/ogr/ogr_apitut.html

Good luck,