[FWTools] FwTool Problem

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Jul 19 12:37:21 EDT 2006

Gary Watry wrote:
> Installed fwtools on XP and it worked fine,
>
> now I get an error
>
> python.exe - Entry Point Not Found
> The procedure entry point?getWidth at LTIImage@LizardTech@@QBEIXZ could not
> be located in the dynamc link library lti_dsdk_dll.dll.
>
> What do I do to fix it.

Gary,

I believe this is caused by having an older Lizardtech DLL in
C:\windows\system32 and it is overriding the one in FWTools.

I would suggest doing something like the following:

   mkdir c:\windows\system32\old_lti
   copy C:\windows\system32\lti*.dll C:\winodws\system32\old_lti
   copy C:\"program files"\fwtools1.0.5\bin\lti*.dll C:\windows\system32

The above assumes standard paths.

It is *immensely* frustrating to me that I can't seem to avoid this sort
of problem.  I may consider making MrSID support a separate plugin that
is optionally installed if this is a common problem.