[FWTools] gdaltindex batch file

Gowens, Colin Colin.Gowens at fultoncountyga.gov
Tue Jul 18 14:00:20 EDT 2006

Greetings,
I am using FWTools1.0.0a9 to create a tile index of about 10,000 files
across 50 directories. I am using gdaltindex in a for loop.  The
operation hangs in an infinite loop while trying to process files
without good tfw files (at the first dir unfortunately).  An abort
(Runtime close application)  has also occurred for a corrupt tiff.  Is
there a way to skip files that are corrupt or have unrecognizable
georeferencing?

Question #2:  When using the -config GDAL_CACHEMAX option in the for
loop, gdaltindex prints the usage instead of processing the file.  I
have set the gdal environment variables in setfw.bat by pasting them
into my batch file.  Is there a way to utilize the -config options in a
batch for loop?

Thanks for all help.

Colin

for /R %%f in (.\*) do (
  gdaltindex C:\temp\tindex_xpbatch.shp J:%%~pf*.tif
)

****** this loop (shown here twice) keeps repeating for the same 9 files
and never finishes the job*****
It appears no georeferencing is available for
`J:\geo\d000000\p000233.tif', skipping.
It appears no georeferencing is available for
`J:\geo\d000000\p000235.tif', skipping.
It appears no georeferencing is available for
`J:\geo\d000000\p000237.tif', skipping.
It appears no georeferencing is available for
`J:\geo\d000000\p000383.tif', skipping.
It appears no georeferencing is available for
`J:\geo\d000000\p000385.tif', skipping.
It appears no georeferencing is available for
`J:\geo\d000000\p000387.tif', skipping.
It appears no georeferencing is available for
`J:\geo\d000000\p000389.tif', skipping.
It appears no georeferencing is available for
`J:\geo\d000000\p000434.tif', skipping.
It appears no georeferencing is available for
`J:\geo\d000000\p000447.tif', skipping.