[FWTools] Large image creation for MapServer

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Jun 1 15:22:09 EDT 2006

Bryan Keith wrote:
> Invalid argument
> ERROR 3: Seek to 0:e3e6815e on 0xad2bf98 failed
> Invalid argument
> ERROR 3: Seek to 0:e3e6b15e on 0xad2bf98 failed

Brian,

How large is the large jpeg file?  I suspect it is over 2GB and the libjpeg
is using a "32bit signed offset" which does not support file sizes over 2GB.
I'm not sure what can be done about it.  I might be able to alter the jpeg
driver to support large files. Hmm, looking at the most recent code it seems
I already redirectly libjpeg to use my "large file API" for reading jpeg
data, so large files should not be a problem.

How confident are you that the jpeg file is in good shape?  If you have some
other application that can read the file, could you use that to convert it
to another file format?