[FWTools] NAD27 to NAD83 conversion

Gowens, Colin Colin.Gowens at co.fulton.ga.us
Wed Mar 8 08:00:06 EST 2006

Hello List,

When translating between GEOGCS NAD27 to SP NAD83, I received the error
message below.  I am using FWTools 1.0.0a9 on WinXP.  Without the
-skipfailures option the process will die and exit.  However, the
-skipfailures option will allow the output to be created in the correct
geolocation, but I wonder how complete/incomplete is the output
transformation.  Also, is the correction file included with the fwtools
install or should it be fetched from another source, e.g. PROJ.4
website?

Thank you.

Colin

C:\temp\schools>ogr2ogr -skipfailures -f "ESRI Shapefile" -s_srs
EPSG:4267 -t_srs EPSG:2240 .\sp esshape022405.shp
ERROR 1: failed to load NAD27-83 correction file
Failed to transform feature 0.
ERROR 1: failed to load NAD27-83 correction file
Failed to transform feature 1.
ERROR 1: failed to load NAD27-83 correction file
Failed to transform feature 2.
ERROR 1: failed to load NAD27-83 correction file
Failed to transform feature 3.
ERROR 1: failed to load NAD27-83 correction file
Failed to transform feature 4.
ERROR 1: failed to load NAD27-83 correction file
Failed to transform feature 5.
ERROR 1: failed to load NAD27-83 correction file
Failed to transform feature 6.
ERROR 1: failed to load NAD27-83 correction file
Failed to transform feature 7.
ERROR 1: failed to load NAD27-83 correction file
Failed to transform feature 8.
ERROR 1: failed to load NAD27-83 correction file
Failed to transform feature 9.
ERROR 1: failed to load NAD27-83 correction file
Failed to transform feature 10.
ERROR 1: failed to load NAD27-83 correction file
Failed to transform feature 11.
ERROR 1: failed to load NAD27-83 correction file
Failed to transform feature 12.
ERROR 1: failed to load NAD27-83 correction file
Failed to transform feature 13.
ERROR 1: failed to load NAD27-83 correction file
Failed to transform feature 14.
ERROR 1: failed to load NAD27-83 correction file
Failed to transform feature 15.
ERROR 1: failed to load NAD27-83 correction file
Failed to transform feature 16.
ERROR 1: failed to load NAD27-83 correction file
Failed to transform feature 17.
ERROR 1: failed to load NAD27-83 correction file
Failed to transform feature 18.
ERROR 1: Reprojection failed, err = -38, further errors will be
supressed on the transform object.
Failed to transform feature 19.
Failed to transform feature 20.
Failed to transform feature 21.