[FWTools] Hi

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Mar 21 14:04:28 EST 2006

Ashish Gokhale wrote:

> Hi ,
>
>         I am Ashish Gokhale from India. Ur software is great. I am
> trying to customize as a part of my final year project. The Option of
> "Lables" is not working for shape files which contain shapes other than
> points.
>
>         Can you help me on this matter?

Ashish,

You are correct, OpenEV only supports labelling for point geometries.  This
issue is built into the rendering code in gvshapeslayer.c and isn't easily
altered at higher level.  What you could do is write a python script to
take other layer types and produce a point layer by some means.  For
instance, for lines and polygons you might take the center of the bounding box
as the "label point".

This would be a somewhat involved script, and you might be better off
asking about that on the OpenEV list if you are keen enough to spend some
time learning Python and OpenEV internals.