[FWTools] FWTools 1.0.0 Beta1 Released

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Mar 28 07:55:28 EST 2006

Luca Manganelli wrote:
> On 3/28/06, Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at pobox.com> wrote:
>> Folks,
>>
>> I have cut a new FWTools release for Windows and Linux.  Links are
>> available at:
>>
>>    http://fwtools.maptool.org/
>
> Er... http://fwtools.maptools.org/   (add the 's' to maptool)

Luca,

Doh! Thanks.

>> Let me know if you encounter any problems.
>>
>> This update is mostly built with VC7.1 on win32, so there could be issues
>> related to that.  On Linux this release should fix the "quoting" problem
>> with all the commandline programs caused by the cover scripts.
>
> Another changes?

Well, as usual things are built from the latest CVS tree of the key projects.
I also included addtiffo.exe (a libtiff GDAL utility for building overviews
that works on ycbcr color model jpeg compressed tiffs).  On Linux I upgraded
to GD 2.0.33.  I think I have also been mucking with the versions of some
support sdks on Win32, but off hand I'm not sure what I've done.  I think
win32 is now using ecw sdk 3.3rc2 and the current release mrsid sdk (if
you installed the mrsid plugin).

I've got lots of things I haven't gotten to, including enabling mysql support
on linux, though I see that is on windows.

Well, basically, I am pretty sloppy about keeping track of changes.