[FWTools] unable to find driver "Postgresql"

John Mugwe John.Mugwe at unep.org
Wed Oct 25 01:55:55 EDT 2006

Dear all,

I have a windows and a linux environment with postgis and postgresql
installed. i have installed FWTools1.0.5 in both environments.

On windows box I am able to  convert  some shape files that I have  into
postgis( Postgresql) using the following  command

ogr2ogr -nlt MULTIPOLYGON -f PostgreSQL PG: "host=localhost user=xxxx
password=xxxx dbname =whatever" <directory to the shape file>

All work fine.

however in the linux box I get the  message the following message

Unable to find driver `PostgreSQL'.
The following drivers are available:
  -> `ESRI Shapefile'
  -> `UK .NTF'