[FWTools] Dumping to wkt for a .prj file - meter vs. metre

Matt Wilkie matt.wilkie at gov.yk.ca
Wed Oct 25 12:55:29 EDT 2006

Hi David,
> I can always do a string replacement in my code before writing the wkt
> definition to the .prj file, but I am curious if this is intended.

To my eye this is a bug in ArcGIS, and I've submitted it as such to ESRI
  Canada tech support. Metre is perfectly legal spelling of meter and in
widespread use. However waiting for an update from ESRI for this is
likely to take some time so the expedient thing to do would be to just
change it I suppose.

cheers,

--
matt wilkie