[FWTools] Beginner

Travis Kirstine traviskirstine at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 09:05:13 EDT 2007

David,

If you are trying to use some of the utility programs available with FWTools
it is best if you use the FWTools Shell command prompt that was installed on
your desktop (Windows).  To view the support formats check out the html
pages installed with FWTools (html directory), these html pages will also
describe the command options available for the different formats.

A description of the utility programs is available at:

Raster
http://www.gdal.org/gdal_utilities.html
Vector
http://www.gdal.org/ogr/ogr_utilities.html

This should give you some ideas.

On 25/04/07, Llewellyn, David <davidl at nntt.gov.au> wrote:

>  Hello,
>
> I am a newcomer to fwtools. Is there anywhere I can find some basic
> introduction to using the tools, some examples?
>
> Thanks for any advice.
>
> *David Llewellyn*
>
>  If this email has been received in error, please delete all copies and
> inform the National Native Title Tribunal by return email or telephone 1800
> 640 501. The Tribunal does not warrant that its email is virus free. All
> emails sent to the Tribunal are filtered for viruses and inappropriate
> content. Thus your email may not reach the person to whom it is addressed.
> Seek confirmation of receipt of your email if you consider the email
> important.

Travis K.

Toronto, Canada
"She knows there's no success like failure
And that failure's no success at all."
-Bob Dylan-