[FWTools] Re: gdal/ogr and python 2.5

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Fri Aug 10 16:02:10 EDT 2007

Claudio A. Quezada R. napisał(a):
> Hi Mateusz,
>
> I follow the GDAL wiki you cited to build it with MinGW... anyway when
> i try to make it (without Python support) it stay freezed, so probably
> won´t work, as you say.

I have no idea why it freezes :-(

> Here´s the thing. I do have tried official binaries, but i´m working
> with python 2.5 (Qt 4.3.0 and PyQt 4.3), so i can build GDAL with
> python 2.5 support, or, rollback to python 2.4, use the official
> binaries, and compile PyQt to python 2.4. And on windows will be the
> same trouble: make from source. I´m on a multiplataform project
> (that´s because i choose Qt and PyQt), and i´d like to distribute
> binaries for windows (i do it with py2exe), so i need to make work
> GDAL on windows, under Ubuntu i got no problems...

I understand.
If it's possible for you, I'd suggest to try building with Visual C++.
We use VC++ with our buildbot installation and it works.
See vc80 and vc71 instances:
http://buildbot.osgeo.org:8500/

Also, I'd recommend you to ask your question "How to build GDAL + Python
support with MinGW" on the gdal-dev list too.
There are lurking gurus like Norman Vine. He use MinGW with GDAL and Python
pretty much, AFAIK.

> Anyway... anybody that gets GDAL works with python 2.5, let me know.

BTW, as I noticed your replies do not reach the fwtools list.
The list address is not included in To: field.
You need to use "reply to all" in order to reply to the list.
If you use "reply" then your message goes directly to me.

Cheers
--
Mateusz Loskot
http://mateusz.loskot.net