[FWTools] Extract to binary with meta, manipulate, then project

Simon Hook simon.j.hook at jpl.nasa.gov
Sun Feb 4 13:43:01 EST 2007

Hi Frank,

The processing I do will likely add or take away bands but the x and y
dimensions of the image will stay the same. Assuming I can edit the .aux
file (i.e. it is ascii rather than binary) that should work. Does the
aux just use the 4 corners? I am not sure if you know this but ASTER
files contain two arrays (1 lat, 1 lon), with points throughout the
scene, that should be expanded to produce a lat/lon for each pixel. If
you use the 4 corners, there will be some error because pixel spacing
varies across the scene. Several programs ignore these arrays, e.g.
ENVI. Also can you extract all the ASTER products, not just the 1B (I
want to do some work with the emissivity product).

Best wishes, S.