[FWTools] fwtools 1.1.3 mapserver running on tomcat/cgi on windows

Dave Potts dave.potts at pinan.co.uk
Wed Jan 10 18:52:36 EST 2007

    I have been using mapserver on unix from under tomcat invoked by a cgi
    script.
    I have ported the entire system to windows
    I invoke mapserver from fwtools by calling the following script
    call "C:\program files\fwtools1.1.3\setfw.bat"
    call "C:\program files\fwtools1.1.3\bin\mapserv.exe"
    I receive the error msEvalRegex(): Regular expression error.
    String(../../maps/en-gb_dsk_manor.map) failed expression test
    The file name ../../maps/en-gb_dsk_manor.map is my map parmeter file.
    I don't understand WHY its doing this
    Invoke my script directly ie 127.0.0.1:8080/mma/cgi-bin/domapserv
    Correctly generates the string 'No query information to decode.
    QUERY_STRING is set, but is empty." so I known that mapserver is being
    invoked correctly.
    Using the argument

    127.0.0.1:8080:/mma/cgi-bin/domapserv?map=../../maps/en-gb_dsk_manor.map,
    results in the error message msProcessProjection(): library error. No
    such file or directory (The results are the same if I url encode the
    path, ie swop the / character for a %2F)

    I have used the file setfw.bat to set up the work envronment for
    mapserv, is there any other type of set up file, or varible that should
    be set ?

    regards

    Dave Potts.