[FWTools] Compiling using gdal libraries

Mike Toothaker mtoothaker at milcord.com
Thu Jan 11 11:27:27 EST 2007

Hi All,

Sorry if this is a stupid question that has been asked a million times. I am
looking for someone to help me figure out what I have to do with g++ to
compile a program using the gdal libraries on linux.  I can get it to work
on Windows now I want to do it on linux.  I am using the following
commandline:

g++ Color.cpp -I<path to gdal include> -L<path to gdal libs> -lgdal

I am getting a return saying that it is missing a bunch of other libs,
surely I don't have to include all of these libs on the commandline, or in
my Makefile, do I?

Any help or pointing me to a tutorial would be great, we have programmed
using gdal in Windows, now we are trying to get it working in Linux.

Thanks in advance.

Mike