[FWTools] NULL or background values during merges/warp

Shaun Kolomeitz Shaun.Kolomeitz at epa.qld.gov.au
Sun Jan 21 23:52:06 EST 2007

Dear FWTools,

I am wondering if there is a way to specify a NULL value when merging
images which have those annoying black strips on their edges ?
In the past I have clipped images to remove this "strip", but when you
are processing 500+ images this gets way too time intensive.
Ideally I'd like the merge process to ignore band values of 0,0,0
(especially around the edge). I realise this is probably going to
exclude some pixels which are actually "black" as opposed to being
"NULL", but I can't see any other way around it.

I can demonstrate this more graphically if required.

Kind regards,
Shaun

Disclaimer

WARNING: This e-mail (including any attachments) has originated from a Queensland Government department and may contain information that is confidential, private, or covered by legal professional privilege, and may be protected by copyright.

You may use this e-mail only if you are the person(s) it was intended to be sent to and if you use it in an authorised way.  No one is allowed to use, review, alter, transmit, disclose, distribute, print or copy this e-mail without appropriate authority.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please inform the sender immediately by phone or e-mail and delete this e-mail, including any copies, from your computer system network and destroy any hardcopies.

Unless otherwise stated, this e-mail represents the views of the sender and not the views of the Environmental Protection Agency.

Although this e-mail has been checked for the presence of computer viruses, the Environmental Protection Agency provides no warranty that all viruses have been detected and cleaned. Any use of this e-mail could harm your computer system.  It is your responsibility to ensure that this e-mail does not contain and is not affected by computer viruses, defects or interference by third parties or replication problems (including incompatibility with your computer system).

E-mails sent to and from the Environmental Protection Agency will be electronically stored, managed and may be audited, in accordance with the law and Queensland Government Information Standards (IS31, IS38, IS40, IS41 and IS42) to the extent they are consistent with the law.