[FWTools] installing grass gis mapserver

Travis Kirstine tkirstine at jdbarnes.com
Fri Jan 26 11:10:38 EST 2007

I would like to install grass gis and mapserver on my machine running fedora
core 6.  I'm worried that when I install grass / mapserver and configure
gdal that it will "override" my FWTools gdal installation and I won't be
able to read/write several formats (ECW, MrSid) unless I configure gdal with
those libraries (which I don't want to do).  Is there a easy workaround so
that configure gdal it is only used by mapserver / grass and I keep
FWTools's precompiled libraries

Travis Kirstine
First Base Solutions Limited
Markham, ON