[FWTools] FWTools bin folder

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Mon Jun 11 04:00:33 EDT 2007

andybandy wrote:
> Hi all, first of all I want to say thanks to all FWTools developers.
> It's a really great software; moreover using it, I have learned
> better GIS.
>
> I have a stupid question: is there a txt file that describes all the
> .exe files contained in the fwtools bin folder (I use the windows
> version of FWTools)?
>
> There are all the ogr, gdal and mapserver exe files, but I do not
> recognize all exe files.

I'm not aware of any such document, but you can find general overview
in the ReadMe.txt file (list of packages and utilities included in the
FWTools) and collect more details from following resoruces:

1. OGR utilities
http://www.gdal.org/ogr/ogr_utilities.html

2. GDAL utilities
http://www.gdal.org/gdal_utilities.html

3. MapServer CGI program is called mapserv.exe

4. TIFF tools (fax2tiff, gif2tiff, etc.), see at the bottom of this page
http://remotesensing.org/libtiff/man/

5. PROJ.4 tools
http://proj.maptools.org/man_proj.html
http://proj.maptools.org/man_cs2cs.html